Classroom Materials Development & Support Specialist
***This internship is reserved for students eligible for the summer internship stipend. Students eligible will have been notified via email from Student Engagement & Career Development.***
Student will work directly and in collaboration with the ELAA (English Language Acquisition for Adults) Program Volunteer Manager and Trainer. The Volunteer Manager and Trainer is responsible for new volunteer recruitment, interviewing and onboarding, as well as ongoing support for current volunteers. The ELAA program is seeking a Program Assistant for the summer.
This summer internship role will support ELAA through hands-on teacher support projects such as creating class realia and lesson materials for the fall return to in-person teaching, researching and assisting with the recording of tech support videos for our online teachers, and potentially helping with some data entry and student registration.
- Work in collaboration with Volunteer Manager and ELAA team to prepare for in-person classes reopening in the fall
- Create realia kits for use in classes: sets of real-life items and texts that can be used to teach English in context of a practical topic.
- Evaluate current teacher resource availability and identify what needs to be replaced
- Research and build a recommendation list of tech support videos for common tech questions faced by our online teachers
- Assist in the creation of ELAA’s own short tech help videos as needed
- Assist in communications with volunteers re: newly created resources
- Potentially assist with some student communication and student registration
- Potentially assist with some data entry
- Willingness to do the majority of hours in-person at the office, some tasks possible to complete remotely
- Enjoys hands-on projects and can work independently to manage tasks
- Ability to navigate Zoom, Google Office Suite
- Attention to detail
- Some project management skills preferred
- Flexible, positive attitude and willing to help where needed
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a bonus but not required