Advanced Software Engineer - API Design/Web Services/Microservices
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell is charging into the Industrial IoT revolution with the establishment of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), building on our heritage of invention and deep, on-the-ground industry expertise. HCE is the leading industrial disruptor, building and connecting software solutions to streamline and centralize the assets, people and processes that help our customers make smarter, more accurate business decisions. Moving at the speed of software, we are creating, innovating and delivering solutions fast, challenging the way things have always been done, piloting new ways for all of us to work, and expecting our successes to set new standards for our customers and for Honeywell.
HCE provides cloud-based Enterprise Performance Management offerings in a variety of domains such as Buildings, Industrial Plants and Aero enabling customers with faster innovation, efficient operations and improving the value of their assets. Powering all the HCE offerings is the underlying platform -- Honeywell Forge which provides an open and extensible foundation to unify operations and leverage the innovative capabilities consistently across the customer business units.
The Platform team is building next generation of Honeywell’s Authentication and Authorization services. All of Honeywell’s future Connected Building, Connected Plant, Connected Worker and Connected Aircraft offerings will be using these 2 services. As an Advanced Software Engineer, you will play a meaningful role in transforming our company into an Industrial Software company.
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and:
- Review and assess product development requirements and develop feature specifications
- Design, architect and verify requirements for highly available and fault-tolerant capabilities
- Assist with solving problems and resolving service-related issues
- Be a go-to person for other teams developing products against these services
- Contribute to the architecture design of Honeywell’s enterprise core software services platform
- Constantly learn to remain current on the latest User Interfaces trends
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 years of hands on experience and expertise with developing services/ coding in NodeJS
- 3years of experience with backend task SQL/NoSQL database, DevOps
- 2 years of experience with API Design/Web Services/Microservices
- Actively collaborate with engineers and peer teams
- Working experience with agile environment
- Possess solid understanding of software development fundamentals
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Passionate about learning innovative technologies and crafting innovative solutions
- Self-directed and able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently as well as a team