Business Development Leadership Development Program (BDLDP) - Masters/MBA
Raytheon Technologies Corporation Business Development Leadership Development Program (BDLDP) members participate in a structured, intensive two-year rotation and training program gaining extensive business development experience, making significant contributions to business creation, and accelerating their development as leaders to prepare for immediate post-BDLDP assignments as Business Development professionals who can successfully lead new business growth.
BDLDP rotations are with Raytheon Technologies major businesses: Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space, and Raytheon Missiles & Defense in challenging assignments to business unit, mission area, and product line business development teams. The two twelve-month rotations are deliberately varied to afford BDLDP members wide exposure to business segments, technologies, and customers and increased opportunities for learning, professional growth, and network building.
Rotations focus on building and strengthening capabilities in nine key skillsets:
- Developing and executing business growth strategies
- Creating, advancing, and shaping new business opportunities
- Managing new business investments
- Customer relationship management and development
- Capture management and proposal writing
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Influential communications
- Team and campaign leadership
- General business acumen
BDLDP members also participate in a progressive curriculum that includes three week-long cross-functional LDP professional development sessions, BD-specific capability development workshops and customer engagement events, and advanced business and leadership training. Participants also earn Six Sigma Specialist qualification, pursue Capture Manager Certification, and receive ongoing mentoring from BDLDP program staff, colleagues, and Raytheon Technologies senior leaders.
- Minimum of 4 years post-baccalaureate full-time professional work experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Professional record of pursing increasing responsibility and achieving superior results
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, and networking skills
- Ability to adapt successfully to new environments and embrace new challenges
- Geographically mobile with no restrictions for assignment within the Continental United States during the two years participating as a member of BDLDP
- Passion for competitive business development and strong customer-orientation
- Advanced project management skills, with proven experience successfully managing and executing projects from idea to inception through to completion and evaluation
- Strong critical thinking and presentation skills, to include the ability to incite interest in new ideas and opportunities and to form and deliver compelling business cases
- Professional backgrounds in Business, Engineering, Aerospace & Defense Industry, U.S. Government Federal Agencies, and/or Military
- MBA or Master’s degree candidate in a relevant discipline with graduation date by June 30, 2021, or have completed MBA or graduate degree program within 18 months prior to employment start date. Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts when applying to this position.
U.S. Citizenship status is a requirement for this position as members must possess unrestricted eligibility to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance as soon as possible during participation in BDLDP.
Work Locations: Principal sites are: Tucson, AZ, El Segundo, CA; Hartford, CT metropolitan area; Cedar Rapids, IA; Boston, MA metropolitan area; Dallas, TX metropolitan area, and Northern Virginia / Washington, DC metropolitan area. Potential for directed rotations to any Raytheon Technologies Continental US location during the two years participating in BDLDP.