GEICO’s Actuarial, Pricing and Reserving department is seeking Modeling Analysts to join our team!
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a part of the GEICO team, your job duties will include pulling and cleaning large data sets from internal and external sources; fitting, tuning and validating a wide array of statistical models; integrating predictive models into analytical tools for non-technical end users; and sharing insights from your analyses with all levels of management, including senior executives.
You will be part of a team that is focused on innovation: trying new modeling techniques, devising new metrics, and tackling complex questions that the company has never tried to answer before.
You’ll have a chance to work on questions like:
• How much does weather and climate affect the rate of automobile accidents?
• How will safety features earn in to our vehicle fleet over the next 5-10 years?
• Which policyholders are most likely to change the terms of their policy, and in which ways?
Ready to make an impact? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field with a minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA; graduate degrees are encouraged
• Demonstrated ability in mathematical, statistical, financial or economic analyses on large, complex datasets
• Familiarity with multivariate classification and regression techniques; experience with at least one of GLMs, decision trees, or machine learning
• Experience within the insurance or related industry strongly preferred
• Programming experience, including SQL, and at least one of R, Python, SAS, or similar; demonstrated ability to learn new tools
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Advanced quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
• Ability to focus on details and work under deadlines
This is your first step to becoming a GEICO leader through exposure to real-life business decisions that affect the company's success!
*Must be willing and able to commute or relocate. This position is based out of our Corporate office in Chevy Chase, MD.
*Please upload a resume, cover letter and all unofficial transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) when submitting your application for review.
Starting salary is in the mid $60's to high $70's range depending on skills and experience
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.